About this report
We choose to report in an integrated manner because we believe that by doing so we can provide our stakeholders with the information they need to make informed decisions about our business.
Our integrated report, which is our primary report to our stakeholders, covers the period 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015. This year it does not contain our full annual financial statements, which are available as an online report and in pdf format. Its scope includes RBPlat’s mining operations, projects and the key functions over which we exercise control. None of these have undergone any significant change to their size, structure or ownership during the year under review.
To ensure comparability all significant information is reported on a like-for-like basis and there are no major restatements.
How we prepared our report
We use the International Integrated Reporting Council’s (IIRC) integrated reporting <IR> framework to guide us in structuring our report, showing the connectivity between material information, our strategy , governance, performance and prospects and how our strategy affects and is affected by environmental, financial, human and social and relationship issues. Our integrated reporting also serves as RBPlat’s Communication on Progress (COP) to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) in terms of human rights, labour, the environment and our anti-corruption efforts.
Our integrated reporting:
- complies with the South African Companies Act 71 of 2008 and the JSE Listings Requirements
- applies King III, the South African Code for the Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves (SAMREC Code) and the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 guidelines and its Mining and Metals sector supplement
- reports on our performance in terms of our Mining Charter commitments and against the Integrated Reporting and Assurance Services’ Sustainability Data Transparency Index (IRAS SDTI) template.
Our annual financial statements:
- comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- are audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. (PwC). Their unqualified audit report is available on our website at www.bafokengplatinum.co.za.
Independent third party assurance is provided by Gilden Assurance over material sustainability information. The items that have been assured are indicated by means of throughout the report.
The RBPlat Board acknowledges its responsibility for ensuring the integrity of our integrated reporting. The Board confirms that it has collectively reviewed the contents of all our integrated reporting and leveraged off the assurance obtained from our various internal and external assurance providers. The Board is of the view that, to the best of its knowledge and belief, RBPlat’s integrated reporting addresses all matters material to its stakeholders’ decision-making by explaining how RBPlat creates value over time and considering the organisation’s impact on the environment and its stakeholders. The Board unanimously approved our integrated reporting for 2015 on 22 February 2016.
|Kgomotso Moroka||Professor Linda de Beer|
|Robin Mills||Mark Moffett|
|Velile Nhlapo||Mike Rogers|
|Louisa Stephens||David Wilson|
|Steve Phiri (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Martin Prinsloo (Chief Financial Officer)|
How to access the information you need from our integrated reporting
Available in print
Available online in interactive html format
- RBPlat online results for 2015
Available online in PDF format
Statutory and additional information including:
Our integrated reporting:
Online Integrated Annual
Online Annual financial
Mineral resources and reserves statement
Annual results presentation